Thank you for your interest in Springboard Danse Montréal!
The 2020 edition of Springboard Danse Montréal will take place June 7 – 26.
HOW TO AUDITION
There are two ways to audition for Springboard Danse Montréal:
- You may send your audition materials by mail*. This option is available for dancers who are unable to be present at one of our live auditions (see below).
*Due to numerous requests, we have extended the deadline for Auditions by Mail. Dancers now have until December 15, 2019 to submit their materials.
- Present yourself at one of our live auditions, which will be held in January and February 2020 in VANCOUVER, NEW YORK, MONTRÉAL + TORONTO. Pre-registration is mandatory.
If you are unable to attend the auditions in person, you may mail in your audition materials. The deadline has hereby been extended until December 15, 2019. Applications must be received by this date, or they will not be considered.
To apply by mail, you must complete the following two steps:
(Please note that partial applications will be discarded)
1. Complete and submit the online application form. In the online form, we request a link containing the following items:
- An excerpt of two pieces of choreography or improvisation, each lasting no more than two minutes, and
- An excerpt in the studio of two centre exercises, either contemporary or classical
- The fee to audition is $30 USD, payable via PayPal upon registration*. Cheques will not be accepted. ($40 USD after December 1st)
2. Send by mail* the following items:
- 1 copy of your resumé
- 1 copy of your headshot
- 1 letter of recommendation
Springboard Danse Montréal
2020 N. California Ave.
Suite 7- 210
Chicago, IL 60647
United States of America
Applications must be received by December 15, 2019 or they will not be considered. Those who are submitting materials from outside of the US are advised to mail their materials early enough to allow for unforeseen delivery delays.
Responses will be sent out along with Live Audition responses.
For questions regarding Mail-In Auditions: email@example.com
*A processing fee of $5 per application will be applied upon checkout
Vancouver – New York City – Montréal – Toronto
Pre-registration is required for all cities and will be available here as of January 2, 2020.
Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
Arts Umbrella Q7, Studio A
77 E 7th Ave
Vancouver BC V5T 1M4
Sunday, January 26, 2020
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Sign-in for dancers. A studio will be available for warmup.
3:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Audition
⇒ NEW YORK CITY
New York, NY 10007
United States of America
Saturday and Sunday, February 8 & 9, 2020
Note: Dancers may choose a preferred audition date, either Saturday or Sunday. You are required to have full availability on the day of your audition. Audition days will be divided into several call times, with callbacks from 7:00pm – 9:00pm. You will select your preference at Pre-Registration, and you will be assigned a slot based on your preference.
École de danse contemporaine de Montréal
1435 Rue de Bleury, suite 600
Montréal, QC H3A 2H7
Saturday, February 15, 2020
10:00 am – 11:00 am: Sign-in for dancers. A studio will be available for warmup.
11:00 am – 4:00 pm: Audition
National Ballet of Canada
The Walter Carsen Centre
470 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5V 3K4
Sunday, February 16, 2020
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Sign-in for dancers. A studio will be available for warmup.
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Audition
LIVE AUDITIONS: WHAT TO BRING
You are requested to bring the following items to the audition:
- 1 copy of your CV
- 1 copy of your headshot
- 1 copy of a letter of recommendation
- Long-sleeved shirt
The fee to audition is $30*, payable upon pre-registration. Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
*A processing fee of $2 per application will be applied upon checkout.
The fee for Springboard Danse Montréal 2020 is $1,775 (taxes and processing fees included).
WHAT DOES YOUR TUITION COVER?
- 9 Principal Companies from Canada, USA and Europe
- 2 Resident and 5 Emerging Choreographers from Canada, USA and Europe
- 54 hours of rehearsal
- 6+ weekend auditions for companies looking to hire
- 30+ potential employers
- 15 hours of workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- 15 morning classes with 5 teachers (ballet and various forms of contemporary including floorwork and Gaga)
- 1 evening informal showing with:
- 16 stage works
- 1 Installation
- Free downloadable link to the video of the final showing
- 450+ invited guests including Presenters, Agents, Managers, and Artistic Directors from companies in Canada, the United States and Europe
- 150+ hours of dance, art and culture in the vibrant cultural Montreal community
Housing and Travel are not provided, but we encourage all our attendees to check our facebook page for more information including travel and housing recommendations.
For questions regarding the auditions, please contact one of the addresses below: