Springboard is designed to give dancers the experience of working with companies in a true professional setting.
Daniel Mayo, Springboard Alum, former dancer with RUBBERBANDance Group



Springboard Danse Montréal is a not-for-profit contemporary dance organization that facilitates career development and connects professional dancers and emerging choreographers with renowned international contemporary companies. It contributes to the cultural capital of Montréal through collaborations with Place des Arts and Agora de la Danse, including performances free and open to the public.


Springboard Danse Montréal shall be internationally recognized as the leading career development and job placement resource for emerging dancers and choreographers, bringing together diverse talent in the international contemporary dance scene.


Integrity, Creativity, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Mentorship


In alignment with Springboard’s values, Springboard Danse Montréal continues its effort to eliminate financial barriers to entry. In the last seven years, Springboard Danse Montréal has distributed between $30,000 – $42,000 USD annually in scholarship awards for our flagship summer project, based on expressed financial need. Additionally, in 2020, we established the Springboard Fellowship Program, an extension of our Emerging Choreographers Program designed to provide support, residency, financial, marketing, and mentoring resources within our global network to BIPOC choreographers.

Springboard had endeavored to eliminate audition fees for dancers in 2022 but were ultimately unable to overcome financial challenges from the pandemic. Offering free auditions to dancers remains a top priority as we look towards the future.

Since our inception 22 years ago, Springboard has grown from a three to a five-person part-time grassroots team. 93% of Springboard’s revenue is earned through tuition and the remaining 7% from individual donations. To-date, our organization has applied for but has not yet received any support from public or foundational funding bodies in either the U.S. or Canada.