Thank you for your interest in Springboard Danse Montréal!
The 2019 edition of Springboard Danse Montréal will take place June 9 – 28.
AUDITIONS AND PRE-REGISTRATION
There are two ways to audition for Springboard Danse Montréal:
- Present yourself at one of our live auditions, which will be held in February 2019 in NEW YORK, MONTRÉAL + TORONTO. Pre-registration is mandatory. Audition dates and further details will be available here shortly.
- Send your materials by mail. We will begin accepting Mail-In Applications on November 1, 2018. The deadline to for us to receive your materials is December 1, 2018.
LIVE AUDITIONS: WHAT TO BRING
You are requested to bring the following items to the audition:
- 2 copies of your CV
- 2 copies of your headshot
- 1 copy of a letter of recommendation
The fee to audition is $30*, payable upon pre-registration. Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
*A processing fee of $2 per application will be applied upon checkout.
If you are unable to attend the auditions in person, you may mail in your audition materials. We will begin accepting applications on November 1, 2018. Applications must be received by December 1, 2018, or they will not be considered.
You must complete the following two steps (partial applications will be discarded):
1. Complete and submit the online application form, which will be available here as of November 1, 2018. You will be required to submit the following electronically:
- An excerpt of two pieces of choreography or improvisation, each lasting no more than two minutes, and
- An excerpt in the studio of two centre exercises, either contemporary or classical
- The fee to audition by mail is $30* USD, payable upon registration. Cheques will not be accepted.
2. Send by mail† the following items:
- 1 copy of your resumé
- 1 copy of your headshot
- 1 letter of recommendation
†The address where to send your physical materials will be available here as of November 1, 2018. Those who are submitting materials from outside of the US are advised to mail their materials early enough to allow for unforeseen delivery delays.
Responses will be sent out along with Live Audition responses.
For questions regarding Mail-In Auditions: email@example.com
*A processing fee of $5 per application will be applied upon checkout
The fee for Springboard Danse Montréal 2019 is $1,775 (taxes and processing fees included).
WHAT DOES YOUR TUITION COVER?
- 10 Principal Companies from Canada, USA and Europe
- 2 Resident and 5 Emerging Choreographers from Canada, USA and Europe
- 54 hours of rehearsal
- 6+ weekend auditions for companies looking to hire
- 30+ potential employers
- 15 hours of workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- 15 morning classes with 5 teachers (ballet and various forms of contemporary including floorwork and Gaga)
- 1 evening at Usine C with:
- 16 stage works
- 1 Installation
- Free downloadable link to the video of the final showing
- 450+ invited guests including Presenters, Agents, Managers, and Artistic Directors from companies in Canada, the United States and Europe
- 150+ hours of dance, art and culture in the vibrant cultural Montreal community
Housing and Travel are not provided, but we encourage all our attendees to check our facebook page for more information including travel and housing recommendations.
For questions regarding the auditions, please contact one of the addresses below: