Thank you for your interest in Springboard Danse Montréal!
The 2017 edition of Springboard Danse Montréal will take place June 11 – 30.
AUDITIONS AND PRE-REGISTRATION
Pre-registration is required for all cities (New York City, Montréal, Toronto). The pre-registration forms will be available here on January 2, 2018.
UNABLE TO AUDITION IN PERSON?
We will begin accepting Mail-In applications on November 1, 2017. Click here to view the details on how to apply for Springboard 2017.
⇒ NEW YORK CITY
February 10 & 11
Location: Gibney Dance NYC
New York, NY 10007
Note: Dancers may choose a preferred audition date, either Saturday or Sunday. You are required to have full availability on the day of your audition. Audition days will be divided into several call times, with callbacks from 7:00pm – 9:00pm. You will select your preference at Pre-Registration, and you will be assigned a slot based on your preference.
Saturday, February 17 | Time & Location to be announced
Sunday, February 18 | Time & Location to be announced
What to bring to the audition:
- 2 copies of your CV
- 2 copies of your headshot
- 1 copy of a letter of recommendation
The fee to audition is $30* USD or CAD, payable upon pre-registration. Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
*A processing fee of $2 per application will be applied upon checkout.
If you are unable to attend the auditions in person, you may mail in your audition materials. We will begin accepting applications on November 1, 2017. Applications must be received by December 1, 2017, or they will not be considered.
You must complete the following two steps (partial applications will be discarded):
1. Complete and submit the online application form, which will be available here as of November 1, 2017. In the online form, we will request a link containing the following items:
- An excerpt of two pieces of choreography or improvisation, each lasting no more than two minutes, and
- An excerpt in the studio of two centre exercises, either contemporary or classical
- The fee to audition by mail is $30* USD, payable upon registration. Cheques will not be accepted.
2. Send by mail† the following items:
- 2 copies of your CV;
- 2 copies of your headshot;
- Letter of recommendation.
†The address where to send your physical materials will be available here as of November 1, 2017. Those who are submitting materials from outside of the US are advised to mail their materials early enough to allow for unforeseen delivery delays.
Responses will be sent out along with Live Audition responses.
For questions regarding Mail-In Auditions: firstname.lastname@example.org
*A processing fee of $2 per application will be applied upon checkout
The cost of tuition for Springboard Danse Montréal 2017 is $1,750 ($1,500 + taxes and processing fees).
WHAT DOES YOUR TUITION COVER?
- 10 Principal Companies from Canada, USA, Europe, Northern Europe and Israel
- 7 Emerging Choreographers from Canada, USA and Europe
- 54 hours of rehearsal
- 6+ weekend auditions for companies looking to hire
- 30+ potential employers
- 5 days of 3-hour workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- 15 morning classes with 5 teachers (ballet, contemporary, Gaga and Flying Low)
- 1 professional seminar with renowned Talent Agent Lakey Wolff, founder of LW+CO
- 1 evening at Usine C with:
- 15 stage works
- 2 Installations
- 450+ invited guests including Presenters, Agents, Managers, and Artistic Directors from companies in Canada, the United States and Europe
- 150+ hours of dance, art and culture in the vibrant cultural Montreal community
Housing and Travel are not provided, but we encourage all our attendees to check our facebook page for more information including travel and housing recommendations.