Thank you for your interest in Springboard Danse Montréal!
The 2018 edition of Springboard Danse Montréal will take place June 10 – 29.
AUDITIONS AND PRE-REGISTRATION
Pre-registration is required for all cities (New York City, Montréal, Toronto). Please scroll down to select your city of preference.
⇒ NEW YORK CITY
PREREGISTER NOW | Pre-registration will close at midnight on Wednesday, February 7.
February 10 & 11
Location: Gibney Dance NYC
New York, NY 10007
Note: Dancers may choose a preferred audition date, either Saturday or Sunday. You are required to have full availability on the day of your audition. Audition days will be divided into several call times, with callbacks from 7:00pm – 9:00pm. You will select your preference at Pre-Registration, and you will be assigned a slot based on your preference.
Pre-registration will close the morning of February 17. Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
Saturday, February 17
Location: École de danse contemporaine de Montréal
1435 Rue de Bleury, suite 600
Montréal, QC H3A 2H7.
Pre-registration will close at 4:00 pm on February 18. Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
Sunday, February 18
Location: National Ballet of Canada
The Walter Carsen Centre
470 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5V 3K4
WHAT TO BRING
You are requested to bring the following items to the audition:
- 2 copies of your CV
- 2 copies of your headshot
- 1 copy of a letter of recommendation
The fee to audition is $30* USD or CAD, payable upon pre-registration. Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
For questions regarding the auditions, please contact one of the addresses below:
*A processing fee of $2 per application will be applied upon checkout.
The option to send in your audition materials for Springboard 2018 by mail is no longer available. Responses will be sent out along with Live Audition responses.
For questions regarding Mail-In Auditions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost of tuition for Springboard Danse Montréal 2018 is $1,750 ($1,500 + taxes and processing fees).
WHAT DOES YOUR TUITION COVER?
- 10 Principal Companies from Canada, USA, Europe, Northern Europe and Israel
- 7 Emerging Choreographers from Canada, USA and Europe
- 54 hours of rehearsal
- 6+ weekend auditions for companies looking to hire
- 30+ potential employers
- 5 days of 3-hour workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- 15 morning classes with 5 teachers (ballet, contemporary, Gaga and Flying Low)
- 1 evening at Usine C with:
- 15 stage works
- 2 Installations
- 450+ invited guests including Presenters, Agents, Managers, and Artistic Directors from companies in Canada, the United States and Europe
- 150+ hours of dance, art and culture in the vibrant cultural Montreal community
Housing and Travel are not provided, but we encourage all our attendees to check our facebook page for more information including travel and housing recommendations.