Thank you for your interest in Springboard Danse Montréal!
The 2019 edition of Springboard Danse Montréal will take place June 9 – 28.
AUDITIONS AND PRE-REGISTRATION
There are two ways to audition for Springboard Danse Montréal:
- Present yourself at one of our live auditions, which will be held in February 2019 in VANCOUVER, NEW YORK, MONTRÉAL + TORONTO. Pre-registration is mandatory. Audition dates and further details will be available here shortly.
- Send your materials by mail. We will begin accepting Mail-In Applications on November 1, 2018. The deadline to for us to receive your materials is December 1, 2018.
Pre-registration is required for all cities (Vancouver, New York City, Montréal, Toronto) and will be available here as of January 2, 2019. Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
⇒ AUDITION BY MAIL
We are now accepting Mail-In Auditions. Click here to apply for Springboard 2019.
January 27, 2019
Location: Arts Umbrella
Quebec & 7th (Q7)
77 East 7th Ave., Vancouver, BC V5T 1M4
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Sign-in for dancers. A studio will be available for warmup.
2:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Audition
⇒ NEW YORK CITY
February 9 & 10
Location: Gibney Dance NYC
New York, NY 10007
Note: Dancers may choose a preferred audition date, either Saturday or Sunday. You are required to have full availability on the day of your audition. Audition days will be divided into several call times, with callbacks from 7:00pm – 9:00pm. You will select your preference at Pre-Registration, and you will be assigned a slot based on your preference.
Saturday, February 17
Location: École de danse contemporaine de Montréal
1435 Rue de Bleury, suite 600
Montréal, QC H3A 2H7.
10:00 am – 11:00 am: Sign-in for dancers. A studio will be available for warmup.
11:00 am – 4:00 pm: Audition
Sunday, February 18
Location: National Ballet of Canada
The Walter Carsen Centre
470 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5V 3K4
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Sign-in for dancers. A studio will be available for warmup.
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Audition
LIVE AUDITIONS: WHAT TO BRING
You are requested to bring the following items to the audition:
- 2 copies of your CV
- 2 copies of your headshot
- 1 copy of a letter of recommendation
The fee to audition is $30*, payable upon pre-registration. Walk-ins will be accepted if space permits; the fee at the door will be $35 (cash only/exact change).
*A processing fee of $2 per application will be applied upon checkout.
If you are unable to attend the auditions in person, you may mail in your audition materials. We are now accepting applications. Applications must be received by December 1, 2018, or they will not be considered.
To apply by mail, you must complete the following two steps:
(Please note that partial applications will be discarded)
1. Complete and submit the online application form. In the online form, we request a link containing the following items:
- An excerpt of two pieces of choreography or improvisation, each lasting no more than two minutes, and
- An excerpt in the studio of two centre exercises, either contemporary or classical
- The fee to audition by mail is $30* USD, payable via PayPal upon registration. Cheques will not be accepted.
2. Send by mail* the following items:
- 1 copy of your resumé
- 1 copy of your headshot
- 1 letter of recommendation
Send by mail to the following address:
Springboard Danse Montréal
2020 N. California Ave.
Suite 7- 364
Chicago, IL 60647
United States of America
Applications must be received by December 1, 2018 or they will not be considered. Those who are submitting materials from outside of the US are advised to mail their materials early enough to allow for unforeseen delivery delays.
Responses will be sent out along with Live Audition responses.
For questions regarding Mail-In Auditions: email@example.com
*A processing fee of $5 per application will be applied upon checkout
The fee for Springboard Danse Montréal 2019 is $1,775 (taxes and processing fees included).
WHAT DOES YOUR TUITION COVER?
- 10 Principal Companies from Canada, USA and Europe
- 2 Resident and 5 Emerging Choreographers from Canada, USA and Europe
- 54 hours of rehearsal
- 6+ weekend auditions for companies looking to hire
- 30+ potential employers
- 15 hours of workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- 15 morning classes with 5 teachers (ballet and various forms of contemporary including floorwork and Gaga)
- 1 evening at Usine C with:
- 16 stage works
- 1 Installation
- Free downloadable link to the video of the final showing
- 450+ invited guests including Presenters, Agents, Managers, and Artistic Directors from companies in Canada, the United States and Europe
- 150+ hours of dance, art and culture in the vibrant cultural Montreal community
Housing and Travel are not provided, but we encourage all our attendees to check our facebook page for more information including travel and housing recommendations.
For questions regarding the auditions, please contact one of the addresses below: