Emerging ChoreographersHow to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Emerging Choreographer Project.
Springboard Danse Montréal 2017 will take place June 11 – 30, 2017. The final showing will be on June 30 at 6:30pm at Usine C.
APPLYING AS AN EMERGING CHOREOGRAPHER
Thank you for your interest in Springboard’s Emerging Choreographer project. The deadline for 2017 Emerging Choreographer applications has now passed. Responses will be given by January 15, 2017.
Please direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE PERKS OF BEING AN EMERGING CHOREOGRAPHER
- 12+ elite dancers in your cast
- 27 hours of rehearsal time with your cast
- Opportunity to create either:
- 6-minute Proscenium work, or
- 20-minute Installation work
- 10 Principal companies from Canada, USA, Europe, Northern Europe & Israel alongside whom you will present at Usine C
- Platform to present previously created work at Espace culturel Georges-Émile-Lapalme, Place des arts
- 5 days of 3-hour workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- Opportunity to observe Principal companies during Weeks Two & Three rehearsals
- 15 morning classes with 5 teachers (ballet, contemporary, Gaga and Flying-Low)
- 450+ invited guests at the final showing, including Presenters, Agents, Managers & Artistic Directors representing companies from Canada, the United States & Europe