Emerging ChoreographersHow to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Emerging Choreographer Project.
2018 Emerging Choreographer Applications are now closed. Responses will be given by January 5, 2018.
Please direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• • •
Springboard Danse Montréal 2018 will take place June 10 – 29, 2018. The final showing will be on June 29 at 6:30pm at Usine C.
THE PERKS OF BEING AN EMERGING CHOREOGRAPHER
- 12+ elite dancers in your cast
- 27 hours of rehearsal time with your cast
- Opportunity to create either:
- 6-minute Proscenium work, or
- 20-minute Installation work
- 10 Principal companies from Canada, USA, Europe, Northern Europe & Israel alongside whom you will present at Usine C
- Emerging Platform to present previously created work at Espace culturel Georges-Émile-Lapalme, Place des arts
- 5 days of 3-hour workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- Opportunity to observe Principal companies during Weeks Two & Three rehearsals
- 15 morning classes with 5 teachers (ballet, contemporary, Gaga and Flying-Low)
- 450+ invited guests at the final showing, including Presenters, Agents, Managers & Artistic Directors representing companies from Canada, the United States & Europe