An Exciting Initiative at Springboard
The Resident Choreographer Program was developed for former Springboard Emerging Choreographers whose work has been deemed exceptional and who are at the forefront of the international choreographic scene. Springboard curates these exceptional artists who have been commissioned for international productions. Springboard provides creative residency support, including elite dancers, studio space and informal showings at Place des arts and Usine C.
Springboard will offer residency perks, such as:
- 24 hours of rehearsal with Springboard dancers (5 – 7 pm, Monday through Friday) in gorgeous, luminous studio spaces in downtown Montréal;
- Studio residency time to research and develop work;
- A cast of 12+ dancers, hand-selected for the current edition of Springboard;
- An informal showing and talk-back during the process, presenting the work-in-progress to local presenters and members of the Montréal dance community;
- Installation and pop-up opportunities in public locations around the city of Montréal;
- The opportunity to present previously created work at Springboard’s Platform at Place des Arts.
- The opportunity to present a work-in-progress at the final showing, alongside fellow Resident Choreographers, Principal Companies, and Emerging Choreographers at Usine C, Montréal’s avant-garde theatre;
- Unique opportunities to meet and network with Montréal presenters, curators, choreographers and company directors;
- Ongoing promotion and enhanced visibility including live-streaming and published videos on social media (Springboard newsletters, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo);
- Artists will receive:
- Artist stipend of $1000 CAD
- Assistant stipend of $500 CAD
- Maximum travel reimbursement of $750 CAD upon receipt of an invoice
- Per diem and housing stipend of $750 CAD
Springboard Danse Montréal is working in partnership with Agora de la danse and with Place des arts to provide our Resident Choreographers with access to studio space, contact with presenters and curators, and visibility within the Montréal community.